Did you know that July is National Ice Cream Month?
Check out these sweet treat ice cream fun facts:
- New Zealand consumes more ice cream per capita than any other country, with an average of 7.5 gallons per person per year. The U.S. is second, with an average of 5.5 gallons per person per year.
- Thomas Jefferson is credited as the first American to write down an ice cream recipe.
- The world record for the largest ice cream cone ever made was achieved in 2015 in Norway with a cone over 10 feet high!
- The Ben & Jerry’s flavor gurus agree that 8° to 10°F is the ideal temperature for scooping and serving ice cream.
- According to NASA, ice cream is one of the three foods astronauts miss the most when they go on space missions. The other two? Pizza and soda.