June Is Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month
Here are some fast facts about Alzheimer’s and Dementia:
- In 2020, caregivers of those diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, or other dementia. provided an estimated 15.3 billion hours of unpaid care.
- There are 50 million people around the world living with dementia.
- The Alzheimer’s Association encourages everyone to wear purple on June 20th (the longest day of the year) to spread awareness about Alzheimer’s and fundraising efforts to support research.
Resources for family & loved ones with Alzheimer’s:
- Dunn County Caregiver Programs
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Alzheimer’s Association – Wisconsin Chapter
- National Institue on Aging
- Department of Health and Human Services