Send a Singing Valentine to Residents
This year, the Life Enhancement department will be offering the opportunity for you to send a singing valentine. On Friday, February 14, we will sing the selected Valentine song, and hand your loved one a chocolate kiss!
The cost of having a Singing Valentine sent is $1 with all proceeds going to the residents’ Sugar Bowl Fund.
Please choose your favorite Singing Valentine song from the selections below or create your own lyrics and return by Wednesday, February 12th to:
Life Enhancement Dept.
2901 Forbes Ave.
Menomonie, WI 54751
Singing Valentine Selections:
- Blue Skirt Waltz
- Can’t Helping Falling in Love
- Could I Have This Dance
- Forever and Ever
- Have I Told You Lately that I Love You
- Hey Good Lookin’
- I Love You Truly
- Kiss An Angel Good Morning
- Let Me Call You Sweetheart
- Love Me Tender
- Waltz Across Texas
- You are My Sunshine
- You are So Beautiful
- You’ve Got a Friend
Singing Valentine Lyrics:
- Blue Skirt Waltz – I wandered alone one night till I heard an orchestra play. I met you where the lights were bright and people were carefree and You were the beautiful lady in blue. I was in heaven just waltzing with you. You thrilled me with strange then softly you stole away. I dream of that night with you, lady, when first we met. We danced in a world of blue. How can my heart forget? Blue were the skies and blue were your eyes just like the blue skirt you wore. Come back, blue lady, come back. Don’t be blue anymore.
- Can’t Help Falling In Love – Wise men say only fools rush in, but I can’t help falling in love with you. Shall I stay would it be a sin if I can’t help falling in love with you. Like a river flows surely to the sea, darling so it Some things are meant to be. Take my hand, take my whole life too for I can’t help falling in love with you.
- Could I Have This Dance – I’ll always remember the song they were playing the first time we danced and I knew as we swayed to the music and held to each other I fell in love with you. Could I have this dance for the rest of my life? Will you be my partner every night? When we’re together it feels so right. Can I have this dance for the rest of my life? I’ll always remember that magic moment when I held you close to me. As we moved together, I knew forever you’re all I’ll ever need. Could I have this dance for the rest of my life? Will you be my partner every night? When we’re together it feels so right. Can I have this dance for the rest of my life?
- Forever and Ever – Forever and ever my heart will be true, sweetheart forever I’ll wait for you. We both made a promise that we’d never part. Let’s seal it with a kiss forever my sweetheart. Let bygones be bygones forever. We’ll fall in love once again. So let’s tell the world of our new love divine. Forever and ever you’ll be mine.
- Have I Told You Lately That I Love You – Have I told you lately that I love you? Could I tell you once again somehow? Have I told with all my heart and soul how I adore you? Well, darling, I’m telling you This heart would break in two if you refuse me. I’m no good without you anyhow. Dear, have I told you lately that I love you? Well, darling, I’m telling you now.
- Hey Good Lookin’ – Hey good lookin’, whatcha got cookin’? How’s about cookin’ somethin’ up with me. Hey sweet baby, don’t you think maybe we could find us a brand new recipe. I’ve got a hot-rod Ford and a two-dollar bill and I know a spot right over the hill. There’s soda pop and the dancing’s free, so if you wanna have fun, come along with me. Hey good lookin’, whatcha got cookin’? How’s about cookin’ somethin’ up with me?
- I Love You Truly – I love you truly, truly Life with its sorrows, life with its tears fades into dreams when I feel you are near for I love you truly, truly dear.
- Kiss An Angel Good Morning – Whenever I chance to meet some old friends on the street, they wonder how does a man get to feel this way? I’ve always got a smiling face, anytime and anyplace and every time they ask me why I just smile and say: You’ve got to kiss an angel good morning and let her know you think about her when you’re gone. Kiss an angel good morning and love her like the devil when you get back home. Well, people may try to guess the secret of my happiness, but some of them never learn it’s a simple thing. The secret that I’m speaking of is a woman and a man in love and the answer is in this song that I always sing. You’ve got to kiss an angel good morning and let her know you think about her when you’re gone. Kiss an angel good morning and love her like the devil when you get back home.
- Let Me Call You Sweetheart – Let me call you sweetheart, I’m in love with you. Let me hear you whisper that you love me Keep the love-light glowing in your eyes so true, let me call you sweetheart; I’m in love with you.
- Love Me Tender – Love me tender, love me sweet, never let me go. You have made my life complete and I love you so. Love me tender, love me true, all my dreams fulfilled. For my darling, I love you and I always will.
- Waltz Across Texas – When we dance together, my world’s in disguise, like a fairyland tale that’s come true. And when you look at me with those stars in your eyes, I could waltz across Texas with you. Waltz across Texas with you in my arms, waltz across Texas with you. Like a storybook ending, I’m lost in your charm and I could waltz across Texas with you.
- You Are My Sunshine – You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray. You’ll never know, dear, how much I love you. Please don’t take my sunshine The other night dear as I lay sleeping I dreamed I held you in my arms. When I awoke, dear, I was mistaken, so I hung my head and I cried. You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray. You’ll never know, dear, how much I love you. Please don’t take my sunshine away.
- You Are So Beautiful – You are so beautiful to me. You are so beautiful to me, can’t you see? You’re everything I hoped for. You’re everything I need. You are so beautiful to me.
- You’ve Got A Friend – When you’re down and troubled and you need a helping hand and nothing, oh nothing is going Just close your eyes and think of me and soon I will be there to brighten up even your darkest night. You just call out my name and you know, wherever I am, I’ll come running to see you again. Winter, spring, summer, or fall, all you’ve got to do is call and I’ll be there, yeah, yeah, yeah. You’ve got a friend.