Send a Singing Valentine to Residents
This year, the Life Enhancement department will be offering the opportunity for you to send a singing valentine. On Sunday, February 12, we will sing the selected Valentine song, and hand your loved one a chocolate kiss!
The cost of having a Singing Valentine sent is $1 with all proceeds going to the residents’ Sugar Bowl Fund.
Please choose your favorite Singing Valentine song from the selections below or create your own lyrics and return by Wednesday, February 12th to:
Life Enhancement Dept.
2901 Forbes Ave.
Menomonie, WI 54751
Singing Valentine Selections:
- 1. All My Lovin’
- Blue Skirt Waltz
- Can’t Help Falling in Love
- Forever and Ever
- Have I Told You Lately
- Hey Good Lookin’
- I Love You Truly
- I Walk The Line
- Kiss An Angel Good Morning
- Let Me Call You Sweetheart
- Waltz Across Texas
- You Are My Sunshine
- You Are So Beautiful
- You’ve Got a Friend
Singing Valentine Lyrics:
- All My Lovin’ (as sung by The Beatles)
- Close your eyes and I’ll kiss you. Tomorrow I’ll miss you. Remember I’ll always be true. And then while I’m away, I’ll write home every day and I’ll send all my lovin’ to you. I’ll pretend that I’m kissing the lips I am missing And hope that my dreams will come true. And then while I’m away, I’ll write home every day and I’ll send all my lovin’ to you. All my lovin’, I will send to you. All my lovin’, darlin’ I’ll be true.
- Blue Skirt Waltz
- I wandered alone one night till I heard an orchestra play. I met you where the lights were bright and people were carefree and gay. You were the beautiful lady in blue. I was in heaven just waltzing with you. You filled me with strange delight, then softly you stole away. I dream of that night with you, lady, when first we met. We danced in a world of blue. How can my heart forget? Blue were the skies and blue were your eyes just like the blue skirt you wore. Come back, blue lady, come back. Don’t be blue anymore.
- Can’t Help Falling In Love (as sung by Elvis Presley)
- Wise men say only fools rush in, but I can’t help falling in love with you. Shall I stay would it be a sin if I can’t help falling in love with you. Like a river flows surely to the sea, darling so it goes. Some things are meant to be. Take my hand, take my whole life too for I can’t help falling in love with you.
- Forever and Ever (as sung by Perry Como)
- Forever and ever my heart will be true, a sweet heart forever I’ll wait for you. We both made a promise that we’d never part. Let’s seal it with a kiss forever my sweetheart. Let bygones be bygones forever. We’ll fall in love once again. So let’s tell the world of our new love divine. Forever and ever you’ll be mine.
- Have I Told You Lately That I Love You (as sung by Lulu Belle and Scotty)
- Have I told you lately that I love you? Could I tell you once again somehow? Have I told with all my heart and soul how I adore you? Well, darling, I’m telling you now. This heart would break in two if you refuse me. I’m no good without you anyhow. Dear, have I told you lately that I love you? Well, darling, I’m telling you now.
- Hey, Good Lookin’ (as sung by Hank Williams)
- Hey good lookin’, whatcha got cookin’? How’s about cookin’ somethin’ up with me. Hey sweet baby, don’t you think maybe we could find us a brand new recipe. I’ve got a hot-rod Ford and a two-dollar bill and I know a spot right over the hill. There’s soda pop and the dancing’s free, so if you wanna have fun, come along with me. Hey good lookin’, whatcha got cookin’? How’s about cookin’ somethin’ up with me?
- I Love You Truly
- I love you truly, truly dear. Life with its sorrows, life with its tears fades into dreams when I feel you are near for I love you truly, truly dear.
- I Walk The Line (as sung by Johnny Cash)
- I keep a close watch on this heart of mine. I keep my eyes wide open all the time. I keep the ends out for the tie that binds. Because you’re mine, I walk the line. I find it very very easy to be true. I find myself alone when each day is through. Yes, I’ll admit that I’m a fool for you. Because you’re mine, I walk the line. As sure as night is dark and day is light, I keep you on my mind both day and night. And happiness I’ve known proves that it’s right. Because you’re mine, I walk the line. You’ve got a way to keep me on your side. You give me cause for love that I can’t hide. For you, I’d even try to turn the tide. Because you’re mine, I walk the line.
- Kiss An Angel Good Morning (as sung by Charley Pride)
- Whenever I change to meet, some old friends on the street they wonder how does a man get to feel this way? I’ve always got a smiling face anytime and any place and every time they ask me why I just smile and say: You’ve got to kiss an angel good morning and let her know you think about her when you’re gone. Kiss an angel good morning and love her like the devil when you get back home.
- Waltz Across Texas (as sung by Ernest Tubb)
- When we dance together, my world’s in disguise, like a fairyland tale that’s come true. And when you look at me with those stars in your eyes, I could waltz across Texas with you. Waltz across Texas with you in my arms, waltz across Texas with you. Like a storybook ending, I’m lost in your charm and I could waltz across Texas with you.
- You Are My Sunshine
- You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray. You’ll never know, dear, how much I love you. Please don’t take my sunshine away. The other night dear as I lay sleeping I dreamed I held you in my arms. When I awoke, dear, I was mistaken, so I hung my head and I cried. You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray. You’ll never know, dear, how much I love you. Please don’t take my sunshine away.
- You Are So Beautiful (as sung by Joe Cocker)
- You are so beautiful to me. You are so beautiful to me, can’t you see? You’re everything I hoped for. You’re everything I need. You are so beautiful to me.
- You’ve Got A Friend (as sung by James Taylor)
- When you’re down and troubled and you need a helping hand and nothing, oh nothing is going right. Just close your eyes and think of me and soon I will be there to brighten up even your darkest night. You just call out my name and you know, wherever I am, I’ll come running to see you again. Winter, spring, summer, or fall, all you’ve got to do is call and I’ll be there, yeah, yeah, yeah. You’ve got a friend.
Keep Up To Date On News and Blogs
Find all of The Neighbors of Dunn County’s current news here.