Volunteer with The Neighbors of Dunn County
Volunteers are the consistent community connection for our nursing homes. This connection is extremely vital because residents need to know that the community in which they have spent their productive years still remembers them. Community persons also feel a need to know their community members who live in the nursing home. Volunteers provide a crucial link between the residents, the facility and the community which helps to fulfill those needs.
If you’d like to volunteer, please fill out the online Volunteer Application form. Volunteers under age 18 will also need to fill out the Youth Authorization form. Click here to download and print the youth form to your computer.
Please send the youth form to Sally Rocque, by mail: 2901 Forbes Avenue
Menomonie, WI, 54751. Or through e-mail: email@example.com.
For more information, please contact Sally Rocque, Volunteer Coordinator, at (715) 231-4589.
Types of Volunteers
- Individual Volunteers – As a volunteer, you have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of activities. We will match your interests with those of our residents. You can assist with programming in small groups on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. These programs vary by the interest of the volunteer and the needs of our residents.
- Entertainers – You can demonstrate your special talents to our residents either individually or as a group.
- Community Group Volunteers – Community-oriented clubs and organizations are welcome to volunteer on a regular basis or for a special event.
- Clergy or Religious Service Volunteers – Volunteers are utilized to help meet the spiritual needs of our residents.
We take our residents on a variety of outings, which include the Senior Center, shopping, picnics, restaurants, the casino, mystery trips, and many more!
Play a game with our residents, take them on a walk, or read the paper to them. These are just a few ways to interact with them on a one to one basis.
Animals make our residents feel more at ease, so we would love for you to bring in your pet! We just ask that your pet is current with all vaccinations.
Our gift shop is open five days a week. You get the opportunity to provide a great service to our residents, while also interacting with them.
Do you sing or play an instrument? If so, we would love for you to display your musical talents to our residents. Provide entertainment, help accompany our resident music groups, or assist our on-staff Music Therapist with programming.
You can visit individual residents, conduct religious services, hymn sings, or bible studies.
Share your computer skills with our residents (e.g. teach them how to play a computer game, send an e-mail, or set up a social networking site to keep in touch with family and friends.)
- Take the residents out to the garden
- Put up bulletin boards each month
- Assist with special events
- Arts and crafts
- Library upkeep
- Teach a class
Packers tailgate party.
Playing a few rounds of BINGO.
We would love for you to share other volunteer opportunities with us that you think would benefit our residents and the facility. You must be 14 years old to volunteer unless accompanied by an adult. Volunteer hours are flexible and you can volunteer any time between 9 am – 9 pm any day of the week.